Monday, May 26, 2008

Looking 60

A wise and sensible article in Sunday's Chicago Tribune begins, "For me, 60 need not be the new 30. I've already been 30, and I prefer adventure to repetition."

Martha Woodroof (pictured at right) describes a number of aging female celebrities who paint, dye, and tuck as they strive to avoid looking their age. Woodruff asks, "So what, exactly, is wrong with looking 60 if you are 60?"

I enjoyed her article so much that I went in search of her book, How to Stop Screwing Up: 12 Steps to Real Life and a Pretty Good Time (Hampton Roads, 2007). Alas, Amazon just doesn't get it. Here's their suggested pairing:
Better Together

Buy this book with How Not to Look Old: Fast and Effortless Ways to Look 10 Years Younger, 10 Pounds Lighter, 10 Times Better by Charla Krupp today!


No comments: